There are a number of reasons why old information could be showing as new:
- The lender may have decided to start reporting this data to Experian (our data provider).
- If the name or number of a particular account has changed since last month, our system will see this as a 'new' account.
- If a financial account is showing on your report now but wasn't on your report last month, this will appear under “What has changed” to show that there's a change from your previous report.
- You’ve recently changed your employment or your old employer has started to share their data with Experian.
- You’ve recently moved house and have updated your credit accounts to the new address, or it could be that one of your old providers has just shared this address Experian.
If you believe there’s any incorrect information on your report, you can raise a dispute with Experian by going through our Chat located on the right-hand side of this page.